måndag 27 mars 2017

Day 21 - 1 game (50)

I've attempted to play at least one game every day, however on Saturday I simply didn't have any time and my streak ended. The day wasn't completely devoid of Go though, as I did get this in the mail:
On Sunday I made sure to get up a bit earlier and play a game in the morning. The game started like this (I played black):

The shape in the top right seems to occur quite often in my games, but I've read that it's bad for black. In this game though it didn't turn out so bad for me.
The top left corner played out in a similar way, but because that corner was stronger I was able to get (I think) a better position:
A few moves later white slipped up and let me capture two stones:
He should have connected at H16 instead. After this I decided to go after the bottom right corner, but to do it in a slightly less direct way than I've been doing previously. So instead of attacking head on I tried to surround it and also build outwards into the centre:
#5 feels a bit awkward to me but N5 seems like it's too far away. I connected up and white tried to invade, unsuccessfully:
White then made the same mistake as my previous opponent, letting me crawl while making territory:
In this case he didn't have the hane, but maybe he could've played a one point jump or something to get ahead of my crawl, or played a tsuke/block (osae) at M7 instead of playing N8. Afterwards, when I invaded the bottom left corner, he didn't have any reason to let me crawl though. Here I wanted to stop white from connecting, but I actually don't think there was any way I could have:
The one big screw up I made in the game was this hane:
I knew when I played it that it was probably a bad move and that white could punish me by cutting, but I thought that I might as well try it since I couldn't read it out and crawling down towards white's wall didn't feel appealing. The result was worse than I'd thought, and I lost three stones and a lot of territory:

White then tried to kill my stones in the middle / right area, which could have worked if not for the liberty at O8:
I think this overplay (trying to cut my two stones off) actually cost white the game. If he'd just tried to take the corner he could have come out ahead on points.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar