torsdag 9 mars 2017

Day 3 - 1 game (10), 24 kyu

This has been a busy week for me, so last night I yet again only played one game. Hopefully I'll get more in over the weekend!

My opponent (black) didn't claim the center, so naturally I did. After #10 I made a mental note to connect if black puts C1 into atari; something I promptly forgot. I was too focused on my top shape to even notice black's #15 until over 20(!) moves later. However, in hindsight I wonder if it may (accidentally) have been the correct move to ignore it.

If black captures C1 I can play E1. Black can't cut at E2 because it's a ladder, and it's also a ko which means that if black doesn't connect I can recapture D1. Playing elsewhere seems bigger though. If I had connected at D1 something like this would have played out:

This was way beyond my ability to notice in the actual game however. Perhaps I shouldn't even be spending this much time thinking about it.

Now, how it played out in the game was that black invaded, and I responded at #28. He hane'd and I cross cut. Of course I had no idea how it would play out, but I felt like I had to fight him, otherwise he could probably take some territory, and with my other stones nearby I should have the advantage. For me, I think #33 was the critical move. Taking the lessons to heart, I wanted to keep my stones connected. With that I could eventually capture his lower invasion, however if black had noticed the play at D1 before I did then I think I could have died outright. E9 at #54 was bad, but it didn't matter.

For some reason it listed me as 25 kyu when I was in the game, but not on my profile. I guess I will figure out those intricacies in due time.

Main lesson:
-Always look at what influence the opponent's move had, and don't play without thinking!

I feel like that will take a while to learn.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar