lördag 11 mars 2017

Day 5, 1 game (14), 24 kyu

Technically I played two games last night, but in the first one my opponent only played one move and I ended up winning by time out. Slightly annoying since it was getting very late. In the second game I was black and I played my usual 5-5 opening, which feels a bit samey but I haven't yet been shown by an opponent why I shouldn't play it. After the peep (nozoki) at move #10 I think I my instinct was to play E6:
But I realized that if I played E8 and white tried to push through, I could play F6 and both cutting points become ladders. My opponent didn't realise this, but he got a chance to come back when I missed this atari:
Unfortunately for him he cut at the second ladder point(!) and gave away a lot of stones and territory. In the endgame (yose) I was able to reduce white's territory in the bottom left by quite a lot in a way that I think was safe.

Even though I didn't learn much from this game it made me feel like I have improved ever so slightly. I understand why people say 9x9 boards are all about fighting. Perhaps I should move on to the 13x13 board next time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar